Technically, I’m writing this BEFORE the big update, so it’s more of a “Batten down the hatches!” sort of thing.
Here’s the stuff that’s gone before.
2017 has actually been a pretty awesome year.
- In Jan, my first Nocturne Falls Universe story came out – Magic’s Song. I love that story. Playing with a new mythology is pretty much the best thing ever.
- The final Wolves of Fenrir story, The Wolf Who Came In From the Cold, released on its own in March. It was a really fun series to write, and although I currently have no plans to write any more stories in that world, I don’t like to slam doors shut.
- I also released the Wolves of Fenrir box set – all four stories in one bundle.
- At the end of May, my second NFU story was released – Magic’s Fate. More fun with folklore! This one was a quest story, and though it wasn’t easy to write, I loved putting together the pieces.
- And most recently…I received the rights back to my Carolina Wolves books a few months ago, then set them on a slow simmer while I did the mise en place. New cover, new backmatter, a little polishing up (no major changes – if you already own an original copy, you’re not missing anything). And CAROLINA WOLF is out now! Yay!
Pets the pretty…
Here’s the stuff that’s coming up.
- CAROLINA PEARL, the second of the Carolina Wolf duology is coming out Sept 5! Well, Lord willin’ and the creek don’t rise. I’ll try to remember to post here, but if you’re on the newsletter list, I’ll for sure let you know the day it goes live.
- I’ve been paddling like crazy, finishing up the last bits of MAGIC’S PROMISE, the 3rd Nocturne Falls Universe story! Cover art is in progress, blurb is in progress…it’s like the night before a big trip when you *know* all the really big stuff is done, but there are so many other things that you haven’t checked off your list yet. That’s this period right here. It will go up for pre-order on Sept 18, and go live on Sept 26. Watch this space!
- If you’ve known me for any length of time at all, you know that I love my fairy tales, folklore and mythology. So it should come as no surprise that I’m polishing a workshop on Using Fairytale Structure In Your Novel. I’m doing it for a small, local writer’s group at the end of August, and tossing around the idea of turning into an online workshop for all genres.
- The Fall Con Death March begins soon! Actually, it’s not that bad this year.
- Sept 29-Oct 1: I’ll be at Archon, a SFF fan-con in Collinsville, IL. In addition to having great guests and some really well-presented tracks for all kinds of creatives, I like to look at the pretty costumes. 🙂
- Sept 29-30: I will NOT officially be at PennedCon in St Louis, Mo, PennedCon is a reader-focused conference, so there will be tables and tables of great authors. Unfortunately, it’s the same weekend as Archon, just across the river. But I’ll be sure to pop in on one of the days to visit people!
- Oct 6-8: Imaginarium in Louisville, KY. I went for the first time last year and had such a great time I can’t wait to go again! Loads of terrific workshops and I just like meeting people.
- Oct 19-22: Ozarks Indie Book Fest in Springfield, MO. As you can see, I’m sticking pretty close to home this year. This is OIBF’s inaugural outing as a reader-focused con and I can’t wait to see how it turns out!
- At some point, I need to write a Christmas short story. Because Dec 1 will be here before I know it.
That’s 2017. You don’t want to see my 2018 calendar. It skeers me.
And the website’s getting a new update, my husband is everlastingly patient, my mom keeps picking up after us (Really, Mom. I can do that!) our daughter’s going to college, our son’s in high school, the dogs are full of crazy, and the cat just barely tolerates them.
Just another day in the life!